Electrical energy generation using steam turbines involves three energy conversions, extracting thermal energy from the fuel and using it to raise steam, converting the thermal energy of the steam into kinetic energy in the turbine and using a rotary generator to convert the turbine’s mechanical energy into electrical energy.
Steam turbo generator sets for industrial use are manufactured with the following specifications:
- Turbines in reaction or impulse design
- 500kW up to 180MW output power
- Inlet temperature 540°C and inlet pressure 140 bara
- Backpressure and condensation types
- With or without controlled / uncontrolled extractions